Search

Showrabbits.com Forum · Belgian Hare

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : BH in real life?
 Cen-Tex Rabbitry
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
8/21/2014 9:16:42 AM reply with quote send message to Cen-Tex Rabbitry Object to Post   

Anyone raise them? I've heard they have reproductive difficulties.
 LittleBird
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2014 5:53:38 PM reply with quote send message to LittleBird Object to Post

Huh really? I don't raise them but they are on my list of 'I would like to raise one day' lol, so I am curious
 LittleBird
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2014 5:53:38 PM reply with quote send message to LittleBird Object to Post

Huh really? I don't raise them but they are on my list of 'I would like to raise one day' lol, so I am curious
 NuTwist Bunnies
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2014 7:40:29 PM reply with quote send message to NuTwist Bunnies Object to Post

yeah the gene pool is pretty limited. its very difficult to get a viable litter. they are lovely animals however. i personally think we need a bit of importation .

according the the national breed club they are VERY difficult to breed
 admin
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/25/2014 10:36:07 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Should conception rates be a part of the game?
 Dirt Road Rabbitry
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2014 2:09:38 AM reply with quote send message to Dirt Road Rabbitry Object to Post

I bought a pair about 4 months ago and this morning had a litter of 6 with 3 alive and kicking so my fingers are crossed that these kits survive. I didnt get a single live kit the last litter. It also took her 4 or 5 breedings to even take. ADMIN- personally I think conception rate would be a great addition. I track conception rates in my herd and over the past 15 years I have been able to improve rates through breeding. Well with English Spots anyway. I love the challenge this game offers (pretty similar to real life). It would be a nice challenge to work around if ever so often a doe didnt take. Because with certain breeds those of us that breed them know the phrase "breeding like rabbits" or "producing like rabbits" does not apply to your best stock that you are trying to reproduce! wink ;)
 LittleBird
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2014 7:58:50 AM reply with quote send message to LittleBird Object to Post

I think conception rates would be an interesting addition, but perhaps should wait until the site has some of the other kinks worked out and more people, particularly raising some of the less common breeds.
 LittleBird
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2014 7:58:50 AM reply with quote send message to LittleBird Object to Post

I think conception rates would be an interesting addition, but perhaps should wait until the site has some of the other kinks worked out and more people, particularly raising some of the less common breeds.
 NuTwist Bunnies
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/26/2014 11:38:12 AM reply with quote send message to NuTwist Bunnies Object to Post

If you do add conception rates and does "missing" a litter, only have it take half the time. Since most breeders can palpate a doe successfully at 10 days to 2 weeks... If she isn't bred we can rebreed her.

However I am not really in favor of this. It's one of the reasons raising rabbits is a pain in the ass.

Having a rabbit miss many times only to give you one kit. Yeah that's the annoying part of raising rabbits.
I don't want to spend a bunch of money to be aggravated. Games are supposed to be fun. happy :)

This game is already pretty rl accurate.
 Theos Kaniner
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/2/2014 4:25:47 AM reply with quote send message to Theos Kaniner Object to Post

I've been breding bh irl and havn't had any breeding issues at all! And they are lovely!
 Cen-Tex Rabbitry
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/10/2014 8:48:12 AM reply with quote send message to Cen-Tex Rabbitry Object to Post

Jeff,

I really think that RL problems with breeds could be incorporated into the game, much as you've done in the showcattle game.

Replies in this thread : 8

Cen-Tex Rabbitry
Rabbits for Sale
LittleBird
Rabbits for Sale
NuTwist Bunnies
Rabbits for Sale