Search

Showrabbits.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Let's talk stud fees...
 Rule Breaker Rabbitry
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/11/2018 6:56:44 PM reply with quote send message to Rule Breaker Rabbitry Object to Post   

So I recently bought a doe in a breed I would like to try my hand out. After looking over the stud list, I'm a bit flabbergasted.

Out of of about 40 options or so, there are 3 bucks that are of good quality. They are young, and have good SOPs for the breed. The rest of the bucks listed are hundreds of days old, bad colors, and have SOPs 20 to 30 points below what the breed is at.

Here's the catch, those 3 bucks are listed for $50, $100, and $200 coins. While they are good rabbits, in the current game economy they are basically going to waste because of inflated stud fees.

Two years ago, they would have be in high demand, but now they are just sitting there. I have a decent bank account, but even I'm not willing to pay those prices.

I will message the players who own these guys and talk to them about possibly lowering the price, but I wanted to put this topic out for discussion and for new players who might be wondering how to price their bucks.

I will gladly pay a stud fee, but it needs to be in line with the game economy.

Just food for thought.
 pepperami
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/12/2018 9:28:20 AM reply with quote send message to pepperami Object to Post

What breed are you trying if you don't mind me asking
 JustLooking
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/15/2018 2:05:36 PM reply with quote send message to JustLooking Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

My thoughts entirely RBR.

I have been pursuing fair market and good community spirit from the beginning.

1. Put your boys at stud - just takes a second.
2. Ask fair amounts aligned with the current economy.
3. When you get a GC, take it out of the shows so that the next guy gets a chance - that too just takes a second.
4. An exception to #3 when the rabbit is getting BOS or better, recognizing that those are the only placements that actually produce returns.

I have Dutch mainly. Created and administer the "Dutch Breeders Association" to put on a monthly specialty. I took in a few Himalayan, Dwarf Hotot, and Lionhead to help out those breeds with qualifying for legs. (Doing fairly well with the Himis and sharing.)

For the good of the game.

-----
Last edited by JustLooking on 1/15/2018 2:09:25 PM
 CrimsCreek
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/16/2018 11:25:58 PM reply with quote send message to CrimsCreek Object to Post

Lionheads & Jerseys needs legs I do believe.
 CrimsCreek
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/17/2018 7:39:03 AM reply with quote send message to CrimsCreek Object to Post

This is why I put my studs 10 or 15 coins at the most; 2 to 5 at the least.
 pepperami
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/18/2018 6:07:45 AM reply with quote send message to pepperami Object to Post

I agree. Keep stud prices reasonable.
 Vex
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/22/2018 5:31:33 PM reply with quote send message to Vex Object to Post

I just put my guy for stud, his SOP is higher than most of my breed. This game is so unsustainable that I can see why it's nearly dead. I bought coins, and I'm broke. I can't afford another barn, and I have spent a lot of time working on a breed. Nobody puts new rabbits for stud in my breed it seems (Tan)

I don't want to give my time away if I have put a lot of effort into this.

Welp, I'll probably quit eventually.
There is a sense of coldness here.
You have to communicate to build a community.
 Klassik
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/22/2018 7:04:30 PM reply with quote send message to Klassik Object to Post

Apologies Vex, didn't realise some of my bucks were
not listed. All listed now.
 Rabbit Rabbit
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/25/2018 12:10:03 AM reply with quote send message to Rabbit Rabbit Object to Post

I agree all my boys are all five coins except the ones who are currently best-of-breed and none of them are higher than 20

Replies in this thread : 8

Rule Breaker Rabbitry
Rabbits for Sale
pepperami
Rabbits for Sale
JustLooking
Rabbits for Sale